A Vietnamese work permit is a document that allows a foreigner to work legally in Vietnam. The work access must undoubtedly state information about the worker, including full name, passport number, date of birth, nationality; the name and address of the organization is working and positioning. A work permit is an important manuscript for foreign employees to apply for a 2-year temporary habitation card in Vietnam.
Persons who are granted work permits in Vietnam
Subjects to apply for a new work permit are very clearly defined in Decree No. 152/2020/ND-CP stipulating work permits for foreign workers entering Vietnam. Those exist outsiders who enter Vietnam for the subsequent purposes:
- Performing all kinds of contracts or understandings on the economy, patronage, finance, banking, insurance, science and technology, culture, sports, education, vocational education, and health.
- Working for a foreign non-governmental organization or an international organization in Vietnam that is permitted to participate in the operation of Managers, executives, experts, and technical workers.
- Participating in the performance of bidding parcels and assignments in Vietnam.
In addition, the law also prescribes those who are qualified to subsidize a work ticket for foreign employees, specifically:
- Companies serving under the Enterprise Law, Investment Law, or multinational treaties to which the Socialist Republic of Vietnam is a signatory.
- The contractor participates in the bid and performs the contract.
- Representative offices, branches of enterprises, agencies, and organizations are licensed to be set up by competent authorities.
Where to apply for a Vietnamese work permit?
Commonly, the employer will issue a work permit for the unfamiliar worker of the company at the Department of Labor, Invalids, and Social Affairs in the section where the foreign worker will work.
Notably, strangers belonging to non-governmental organizations, global institutions, associations, etc., according to the provisions of Clause 1, Article 3 of Circular 40/2016/TT-BLĐTBXH, shall apply for a work permit.
- State agencies, political organizations, socio-political organizations, socio-political-professional organizations, social organizations, and socio-professional organizations.
- A foreign non-governmental organization that is granted a registration certificate by a competent Vietnamese agency under Vietnamese law.
- Non-business organizations and educational institutions are established by law.
- International organizations, offices of foreign projects in Vietnam agencies and organizations that are authorized by the Government, the Prime Minister, ministries, and branches to be established and operate under the law.
- Executive offices of foreign investors in business cooperation contracts or of foreign contractors that are registered to operate by law.
- Organization of law practice in Vietnam by the law.
- Cooperatives and collaborations of cooperatives designated and operating under the Law on Cooperatives.
- Corporation households and individuals are allowed to conduct business following the law.
Fees for registration of Vietnamese work permit
Depending on the locality, where foreigners carry out the procedures for granting a work permit, the fee for making a work permit will be different (according to Circular 250/2016/TT-BTC).
For example, in Hanoi, the fee for a new work permit is 400,000 VND, in Ho Chi Minh City, the new application fee is 600,000 VND/work permit. The current highest fee is 1,000,000 VND/work permit. This expense is subject to change according to specific constraints.
Outsiders will not have to pay an appointment passport application fee. This fee will be paid by the foreign staff.
Dossier & Instructions for applying for a work permit for foreigners
All movements to apply for new work credentials must go through the following 4-step procedure. However, the application for a work permit may vary narrowly on the issue of the work permit application in Vietnam.
Step 1: Register to recruit foreign employees
Except for contractors, all employers wishing to employ foreign workers need to prepare 01 sets of records describing the need to use foreign workers to advance to the Ministry of Labor and War Invalids. and the Social Affairs or Provincial People’s Committee to obtain approval from this agency at least 30 days before the expected date of employment of foreign workers.
Step 2: Schedule a work permit application
While waiting for permission at Step 1, the foreign hireling and the employer will condition the subsequent compositions:
A registered request for work access for a foreigner, made according to comprise No.11/PLI.
Consular legalization copy and Vietnamese translation Health certificate medical examination abroad or the original medical examination in Vietnam at hospitals, clinics, and qualified health departments according to regulations of the Government Ministry of Health.
Consular legalization copy and Vietnamese translation of the foreigner’s criminal record issued abroad or the original criminal record for foreigners issued in Vietnam, issued within 6 months.
Notarized copy of the visa and passport of the foreigner.
Documents proving that you are a manager, executive director, expert, technical worker, or teacher (University degree, certificate of at least 03 years’ foreign work experience, etc.). These compositions need to be consularly legalized and decrypted into Vietnamese.
02 color photos, size 4×6, white background, no eyeglasses.
Compositions associated with unfamiliar hirelings.
Step 3: Involve in a work permit
A dossier of applications for a work permit should be submitted to the Ministry of Labor in the area where the unfamiliar worker is expected to work at negligibly 15 daylights before the date of employment foreign workers are expected to start working. If the application is concluded and valid, the applicant will expend the work permit payment and acquire a designation letter to produce the products. If not, the applicant will be instructed to increase the application.
The processing time for a work permit is usually 5 working days from the date of receipt of a comprehensive application.
Step 4: Get a work permit
Within these 5 daytimes, the Ministry of Labor – Invalids and Social Affairs or the Department of Labor – Invalids and Social Affairs shall issue work tickets to foreign workers according to form 12/PLI issued together with Decree 152/2020/ND-CP. In the possibility of denial to issue an assignment permit, the Ministry or Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs will reply in handwriting and indeed state the reason.
Above is the announcement about getting a work permit for foreign workers in Vietnam. If you have any questions regarding applying for a Vietnam work permit, please contact LTS or send the message below for specific advice.